View Single Post
      03-01-2020, 09:46 PM   #6
Sliptality
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by designatedposter View Post
flash stock tune and see how that drives to rule out the tune. if problems persist, then most likely a hardware problem since you did it all at once.

you can certainly reset adaptations within the bm3, in the diagnostics tab, while there, you can clear your codes too since you swapped back to stock intake and see if the codes come back.

finally, your connectivity issue.. is due to the car dme getting hung up assigning IP or something to the laptop, that's why it's recommended to pull battery, wait 3 minutes, then reconnect to reset everything. i do not know why that method no longer works for you though.. the car should go to a hard sleep after 15 or 30 mins and that would solve the issue too.
It'll be OK to run the stock tune with all the bolt ons? I'll give that a go. I've already been over the entire install but it's certainly not out of the question that something could be wrong hardware wise.

I've returned to the car multiple times after letting it sit for long periods with the battery unplugged, and after driving it for a while, etc. Nothing is working yet. I have a hard time believing the cable has suddenly gone bad, but I'm not sure what else it could be.
Appreciate 0