View Single Post
      01-27-2020, 04:56 PM   #18
Mtwotreefif
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i Coupe

LSD install

The install was even easier. Release parking break first to allow the shafts to be turned to align the splines.
I strapped it to the trans jack, inserted the half shafts in reverse order, jacked it into position and started the rear and two front bolts. I then used only my hands to press the shafts into the final locked position while slightly turning the wheels with my foot. The snapped in fairly easy. I does require a bit of strength, but no hammering. The reattach and tighten everything in reverse order.
My diff came from BMWPartsHub.com, $2283.77 shipped. When it arrived, the box was soaked with diff fluid so I knew it needed some. I ordered Redline 75W90. I filled it with a cheap hand pump after install. It took almost the whole qt.
I'm taking it kinda easy and have done the obligatory figure eights and circles t break in the clutches. I'm going to replace the fluid at 500 miles.
Bottom line, don't buy expensive tools or pay to get it installed. If you are semi-competent mechanic, you can do it yourself.
Appreciate 1