Rep
Drives: M2

Garage List
1996 BMW 318is  [4.75]
2012 Audi Q5  [4.50]
2017 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
One has nothing to do with the other, if you retrofitted the LCI taillights and coded it properly, there shouldn't be any related malfunctions, especially with the Drivers Assistant features, which run on a separate module, independent the lighting system.

In fact, the point of removing the warm/cold bulb checks, when the LED taillights are added is to avoid any errors.

After any coding session, the systems does a full reset and sometimes the Pedestrian Avoidance trigger a soft error but it is never permanent and usually clears itself after few seconds.

I suggestion you run diagnosis program or APP and try to see if it can pin point the exact related error codes(s). Then afterwards, maybe do another hard adaptions reset and see if the error(s) still lingers.

The extra brown taillight wires are marked for ground but keep in mind, there are also three individual incandescent brake lights and specific wires for each light in the pre-LCI setup.

When you retrofit the LCI taillights, you discard two of them and since the LCI LEDs only require the use of one. So two of the extra wires are actually live brake wires that needs to be capped off, to avoid tripping a fuse.

Yes, you nailed it, the problem had nothing to do with the taillight retrofit.

Along with the tails, I installed the rear sound insulation and cleaned up/rerouted some other wiring. I accidentally disconnected the connector to the collision system switches in the lower left dash panel. I didn't actually disconnect it, it's was pretty loose and slipped out...I suspect the guys who installed my suspension broke the connector's locking mechanism. It's held in with tape now but I'll see about getting a new one from the stealer. All good, I'm pretty happy with everything. Thanks for the steer!