09-18-2020, 02:58 AM   #116
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtmurf View Post
So, I finally gotten around to installing the LCI Tail lights; I've had them sitting in my house for about a year. No problems, everything went smoothly until I want to code. I had faults when I turn on the ignition which I ignored assuming they'd clear when the coding complete and most of them did however, two remain:

Collision Warning System inactive
Pedestrian Warning Malfunction

I've checked the coding and everything is correct but still, these two faults remain.

When I removed the OG tail lights, there were two (2) connectors going to each tail light, the 8 pin connector and a small 2 pin connector with two brown wires. In moving from the 8 pin to the 6 pin connector, I chose to remove the connector completely. I put some heat shrink on each of the two unused Brake wires and taped them back to the cable. I also wrapped the small connector in electrical tape and taped it to the cable. As both of those wires are brown, I suspect they are ground wires and I'm wondering if not having this cable connected is causing my problem?
One has nothing to do with the other, if you retrofitted the LCI taillights and coded it properly, there shouldn't be any related malfunctions, especially with the Drivers Assistant features, which run on a separate module, independent the lighting system.

In fact, the point of removing the warm/cold bulb checks, when the LED taillights are added is to avoid any errors.

After any coding session, the systems does a full reset and sometimes the Pedestrian Avoidance trigger a soft error but it is never permanent and usually clears itself after few seconds.

I suggestion you run diagnosis program or APP and try to see if it can pin point the exact related error codes(s). Then afterwards, maybe do another hard adaptions reset and see if the error(s) still lingers.

The extra [COLOR="DarkOrange"]brown[/COLOR] taillight wires are marked for ground but keep in mind, there are also three individual incandescent brake lights and specific wires for each light in the pre-LCI setup.

When you retrofit the LCI taillights, you discard two of them and since the LCI LEDs only require the use of one. So two of the extra wires are actually live brake wires that needs to be capped off, to avoid tripping a fuse.
Appreciate 2