Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
Totally respect how you feel - I am going to clean the 1er up and take some side by side shots - I have it until next Monday and I think it might help people "see" some of the things people are saying, from both points of view.

And in all honesty, I felt like a more realistic viewpoint was needed here. I am excited that many of the journalists like the car, but you never know what their respective motivations are (other than selling magazines or ad *******. This car is not an M2 and that much is quite clear to me. Just like my 135s were not 1Ms.

But that's ok - it's definitely a good car, and I think I am going to enjoy it. I also have great memories of both my E82s and am glad I had all that seat time with them. Those are the cars that will have put the small, nimble, and powerful recipe in my sights forever. Can't think of a better compliment than that.
well said! to me, the essence of BMW lies in the 'small coupe' and the 2-series is the latest in this configuration. I don't even count the 4-series as it is waaaay too big to be considered in that lineage anymore. The 2er definitely carries that spirit, though. Enjoy it man!

really look forward to the 'side by side' pics!
Appreciate 0