05-01-2013, 07:11 PM   #88
M12Power
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Scion FR-S 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
I think it will be closer to 350hp for the US. Either way, it has set the record for specific power output for a regular production car in the US.

It's definitely meant to be driven daily just like any other hot hatch. Factory garage queens don't sell well enough to make a business case in this day and age. If the car can't be used for a trip to the corner, it isn't getting past the suits counting up the beans.
Maybe, but I would be more impressed if it were normally aspirated. Getting high specific output through forced induction is not that hard. At the simplest level, all you need to do is to increase the boost.

I think the NA production car engine with the highest specific output right now is the V8 in the Ferrari Italia 458, which puts out 125 bhp/liter. Of course that still pales in comparison to what a current F1 engine puts out.

I would still never consider the CLA (AMG tuned or not) though due to the fact that it's based on a FWD/AWD platform. Plus I don't think it looks that great anyway.
Appreciate 0