01-23-2020, 11:32 PM   #25
BetweenTheWheels
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstone995 View Post
I was totally set on the Active Autowerke exhaust, until I stopped by a local muffler shop. I thought maybe some new exhaust tips would be good enough to keep me from spending the money on the AA for a bit. While I was there the owner made me one hell of an offer on a FlowMaster Classic. With the condition that if I don't like the sound he would remove it. It cost me $300 out the door and it sounds like a V8. Not an annoying, overly loud V8. Just a nice, smooth and deep rumble. The burbles are there but even those have a smoother tone than the rattle that some exhausts make. I had some buyers remorse at first, because it wasn't the exhaust I had my heart set on. It sounds so nice and saved me $300. I'm very satisfied with my decision now. Bonus: That $300 price included a custom, staggered installation of Akrapovic, carbon fiber, exhaust tips (I already had those). I would recommend this exhaust system to anyone who wants their vehicle to sound like it has balls. It's not the exhaust for you if you're looking for a system that sounds like a midget in your trunk, running two gas-powered leaf blowers.
I'm very interested. Can you share the specs your shop used. Did you do split wide dual pipes or keep the two outlets on the drivers side? Thanks!