View Single Post
      10-28-2022, 07:31 PM   #1
almightykod
Registered
Rep
Drives: f22 230i, e36, rx8

Question Rolling Diameter and 17 in fronts 18 in the rear fitment

Hi all, This is my first post on the forums. I purchased my f22 (230i) 6 month ago, and I have been in love with that car, and this forum have tremendously helped me learn about the car, so Thanks !!!

I had an opportunity to purchase one of my favorite wheels of all time, but the downside was, the set I have purchased are 17 in the front, and 18 in the rear.

I spend plenty of time reading, and learning about how wheels work, impact of square vs staggered etc etc... and now I have 3 questions, 1 of which I cannot find an answer to anywhere.

1) If my rolling diameter is almost identical (24.72 fronts, 24.75 rears). Does this count as a square setup ? Although, the sidewalls will obviously be different (12% increase in the fronts)

2) Is running a setup like that optimal ? Are there downsides ? Aside from rotating tires etc. If it is not, What is the optimal way to run a "double staggered" setup ?

3) Does the sidewall height difference matters ?

Current plan is to run 245/40/17s in the front, and 245/35/18 in the rear. (wheels are 17x8, 18x9)

Thanks !
Appreciate 0