View Single Post
      04-28-2019, 11:41 AM   #6140
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: o_0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
Nice! I have the same stuff. gonna throw it down probably next Weekend if it doesn't rain. have you looked into the new CarbonX fertilizer? I ordered 2 bags!
I just heard about Carbon-X but haven't read up on it much. LCN's site was sold out by Sat morning. GCI still had a few hundred bags left. Looking at GCF's site, it looks like there is a variant w/ prodiamine and LCN has a version w/ RGS. Maybe I'll revisit it later when I have the brain cycles to make sense of the variants and who sells what. I don't want prodiamine in the back/sides since I plan to overseed. I don't want the RGS version if I'm going to put down RGS already but I want some P for where I overseed.

I was going to put down the RGS today but it snowed yesterday/last night soooo....yeah. I was hoping to get a starter fert put down during the week since it is supposed to rain a little bit and that'd help water it in but I wanted to put the RGS down first. I also need to read up on when it would be best to fit in the Humic Acid during the season (vice another application of RGS in the fall). I can wait until the LT arrives next Sat. That way I can mow & aerate first.

At present, my noob thought was:
1. mow/aerate
2. thrown down RGS (entire lawn)
3. starter fert in the back/sides (was thinking Lesco Starter Fert, 18-24-12)
4. overseed the back/sides
5. thrown 'something' down in the front (Milo...maybe try Carbon X...something)

Until the snow yesterday, wkly avg soil temps cleared 50F. It'll be back above that this week. I also have weeds popping up since I skipped pre-emergent this spring since I'd overseed (probably could've still done it in the front yard, though). I'll have to blast those w/ something. I have plenty of Q4 from my past crabgrass wars.

Last edited by bosstones; 04-28-2019 at 11:49 AM..
Appreciate 0