Rep
Drives: F22 Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich8566 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottAndrew View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwntime View Post
Nope. I'm actually talking about the leather smell. I don't know if you know what leather smells like, but it's obvious to me. My G37 smelled of nice quality leather vs the 3 BMW's I've owned (all purchased new). When you purchase a new car upholstered in leather, that smell sticks around even after the new car smell fades away after 4-5 months. Best smelling cars in my opinion are Mercedes Benz' because of their quality leathers.
I know what proper leather smells like, and it smells nothing like the plastics rampantly off-gassing in a new car. As G37 and Mercedes have better leather than BMW, apparently, they should smell like tanneries - but no Merc I've ridden in smells anything like a tannery. It smells of car . I don't know what a G37 is, though, they only sell it in a handful of places.
That's because most Mercs have vinyl - aka leatherette seats.
Haha yeah if you're in an entry level C class which is very entry level with cheap materials like our F22's. If anyone thinks the F22 is built with quality materials, you're kidding yourselves. My E92 was built much better and the fit and finish of the entire interior was leaps and bounds better than the F22. Don't get me wrong, I love how the F22 drives and it's a fun car, but I miss my E92 335i and I'm considering buying a used one if I come across the right deal. This F22 has been in BMW service at least 10-12 times for squeaks, creaks, rattles, clunks, and a iDrive screen that after 4 visits and replacing the screen and head unit, still shuts off and reboots and they can't figure it out. My E92 has zero problems or irritating noises after 6 years of ownership. Also forgot to mention this cheap leather in the F22 is wearing out too! Problem after problem with this vehicle and I purchased it new and take great care of it. Always scheduled services and I change the oil in between the BMW oil changes for good measure.
Appreciate 0