View Single Post
      12-31-2020, 04:56 PM   #29
Expert@ApexWheels
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kianf22 View Post
Hey Tom! Will definitely get new tires and an alignment and ask for the "before" specs to check the tow. If the alignment is within spec then I will definitely need some camber plates!

The goal is to eventually buy your wheels in a square setup so I can have more neutral handling and rotate tires. It's been hell trying to figure out fitment for a 235 or 245 square with lowering springs. Wouldn't mind running camber plates but I've spoken to someone with H&R Springs, ground control plates, and your ec7 wheels in 18x8.5 et35 with 235/40/18 all around and he said he still rubbed in the front and was forced to go to stock springs. It was very sad hearing that because I was really eyeing that setup.
Interesting. Do you know if they were rubbing on the inside on the shock body/spring or the outside fender edge? Based on your description it sounded like the inside which we don't typically see with the 18x8.5 ET35 offset on this chassis. Usually rubbing on the fender side is more common with that offset.

My usual recommendation is our 18x8.5 ET45 wheels all the way around with a 5mm front spacer for the 2 series. This gives the rear a bit more breathing room and the front an effective offset of 40 which is a good balance in my opinion. The only time I wouldn't recommend this offset is if someone is running a suspension configuration that limits inner clearance more than stock, but typically the inner clearance is similar to stock with lowering springs. Our ET45 wheels also aren't available in all of our designs, but we do make them in the EC-7s.

-Tom