View Single Post
      05-27-2021, 05:59 PM   #5
230iZTR
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Signal Orange wrapped 230i THP

I'd recommend making sure your wheel lugs are properly tightened (105 lbs-ft), tires are properly inflated, the battery is properly secured, and the car itself is very clean with few to no 'loose items' in the glove box and center console, etc.

If you're planning on using a GoPro or similar, I'd make sure that its charged up the day before, your memory card is emptied with lots of room, and you've installed whatever mounting device you prefer.

Other essentials are sunscreen, water, and snacks. I'd also recommend a roll of contrasting color painters tape for adding numbers and classing info to the car if needed.

Other nice-to-haves are a tire pressure gauge and an air pump to keep your tires at an ideal inflation level, a laser pyrometer to check tire temperatures, and a squirt bottle full of water to spray your tires down between runs if they get too hot.

Beyond that, show up early so you can get your car and helmet inspected if need be, and make it known that you're looking for veteran autox'ers to walk the course with you and (if you're comfortable doing so and its allowable because we are still in a pandemic) asking experienced drivers if they'll allow you to ride with them on one of their runs, or inviting them to ride with you on your runs.

And most importantly, have fun. Its your first time out. You'll be way slower than the veterans, you'll hit cones, miss turns, whatever. Don't beat yourself up over it. You'll get better.
17x9 APEX Arc8-R, 255/40/17 RE71RS, Vorshlag Plates, Swift Spec-R Springs, m-Performance Bumpstops, Dinan ShockWare, Paragon 2-piece rotors, Carbon lip, custom 3" alumalite splitter, GTS wing, FTP Intake and Charge pipe, BootMod3 Stage 1 OTS
Appreciate 3