05-13-2016, 12:46 PM   #94
Mywifes335
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 FBO M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viffermike View Post
Honestly, I think you have considerably more aftermarket resources -- both manufacturing and installing -- in NJ/Philly than we do here in North Texas. That's the sense I get based on the amount of tuner shops who are active on the Bimmerpost boards compared to here -- as well as the relative health and culture of the European aftermarket shop market here, which is not all that good.

We've lost two of the best BMW-specific tuner shops to come along in quite a while in the past year or so, and the major aftermarket companies based here focus on other luxury marques (Cobb, primarily), American muscle cars, or the ultrahigh end / exotics.

Texas' European-car tuners don't cater much to the grass roots. They cater to the price-no-object crowd.
Viffermike, sadly I think you are 100% right. In North Texas it's with some Billy, Bob or Joe Somebody operation lifting trucks and installing crooked "hillbilly splits" on pickups or ultra high-end ops like the guys who built Mullets 2000hp Lambo. No disrespect to the pickup crowd, but in my experience?, 60% of the pickups in DFW are purely commuter/recreational vehicles. Clean and dirt free. City cars almost. And they ALL have exhaust. I love the sound of a good American V8, but once it's in a pickup it just sounds like drone. Dunno why. Sorry, ranting. (I still want an F150 Raptor for my boy one day, btw).

I might just bite the bullet and get the Pure Stage 2 before I head back to DFW.

Honestly, there are SO MANY BMWs in Dallas...you'd figure it would be a sustainable business, no?

How do you feel about it?
Appreciate 0