View Single Post
      10-24-2013, 07:28 PM   #129
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M235i View Post
Yup. Also, not crazy about the design on either car. Looks dated, and too reminiscent of the e82 (which I personally dislike). Have BMW seen the CLA and the A3?

But performance wise, BMW delivered! The numbers are definitely there. N55 on this setup will be bonkers. Very impressive on paper. I can't see how they can justify an M2 at this point. It may end up being a glorified M235i with a body kit.

And yikes! Starts at $44k? xDrive, premium, tech, LSD, M performance parts ... What $60k + tax? Sorry, but definitely not worth that much.
I disagree with there not being room for an M2. BMW can still make the M2 even lighter compared to M235i (CF roof and trunklid like M4 as well as more aluminum like doors and hood). Bigger fender flares, quad exhaust, hood bulge, better interior, LSD with torque vectoring, ect... So yea, there's plenty of things BMW can still do to the 2er to make it a "real" M (while jacking up the price). Engine wise, that's a different story.

$44k isn't "that" bad considering that's about what the 135iS is going for. HOWEVER, considering the 228i is a whopping $11k cheaper, then it makes you think. And it's not like that car is slow either. 5.4s used to be supercar territory 15 years ago haha. Oh and not that many people care, but mid 30 mpg highway too. Do a European Delivery and this thing might come out to low 30s with a few options!

Not too shabby at all. The only thing I hope is that I don't need to get 3 packages just to get xenons.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0