NewFinishColumbia/detailer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F31 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.Glockenspiel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveInfante View Post
Go to a muffler shop, the smaller Mom and Pop ones are the best, and ask them how much they would charge you to remove the large mesh section of the inside of your muffler and weld it back closed. There are pictures of said mesh section in the OEM exhaust mod thread. They should charge you around $100 give or take.

I mention the Mom and Pop shops because the cost to have my resonator chopped off and a tube welded in its place at a larger shop here was $60 versus $30 at a smaller shop further out from town. Just something to think about. Do some research and ask questions at the shop before you spend the money. I actually did the mod myself as I have access to a TIG welder and other tools.
One last question. From the video I am assuming the sound is a bit quieter then just a full on straight pipe. Do you daily drive the car? How is living with the exhaust?
I daily my car. I just took an 1900 mile long road trip and you don't notice unless the windows are down. Even then at speed you don't really notice, it just sounds mechanical like a sporty car should sound. I have almost 77k miles and counting. It's one of my favorite parts of daily driving it.
Appreciate 0