View Single Post
      11-11-2020, 02:56 PM   #10
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
So baseline temperatures are 95 degrees - and rise about 10 - 15 degrees during a single gear pull.

Wagner Evolution 1
Ambient temp - starting Temp - end of 3rd
70 - 95 - 110 (40 degrees over ambient!)

VRSF Competition:
79F - 92F - 92F (13 degrees over ambient)

Just extrapolate that over 2 gears or even 3, and you'll see that the IC is ill suited for what you're asking it to do.
I could easily go out on the highway and get the IC to cool down quickly to around 10-15 over ambient (which is what it typically runs on the street during driving and on the highway) and then make a pull. With that, I'm absolutely certain that it would show 15 to 20 degrees over ambient across a 3rd gear run with a fully cooled IC as I've seen it with my logs, but I don't find it very representative or realistic of normal driving. I'm more focused on the IAT climb across the entire run. With my car, I see a 10 to 15 degrees climb in IAT over ambient across the span of a 3rd gear run (~2500rpms to 7000rpms) with Wagner which is far better than stock.

We get it, you have distain for Wagner products. Also, to you, a 10 degree variance in IAT between the ICs you like and the ones you don't is a huge difference. For some of us, it's not. Everything is a compromise, especially when it comes to parts "upgrades". To sell it otherwise is misleading. There's damn good reason why many racecar parts are terrible for daily driver use and why nearly every mass produced turbo car on the market, including Ferrari's, run tube and fin ICs. And no, cost isn't the driver as tube and fin is not cheaper to manufacture these days.

Last edited by XutvJet; 11-11-2020 at 03:04 PM..
Appreciate 0