View Single Post
      11-11-2020, 09:10 AM   #9
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
It's 16.2 lbs per my scale our twice as heavy as the stock IC.
Good to know, I was quoting from Wagner themselves, but I don't doubt your measurement is more accurate. Sometimes they don't even put the right information online.

Quote:
Around 95 degrees right after getting on the highway after being in stop and go for 20 minutes in 70 to 75 degree weather. Overall, the IATs go up around 10 to 15 degrees over the course of the 3rd gear run vs 30 degrees or more with the stock IC based on numerous runs.
So baseline temperatures are 95 degrees - and rise about 10 - 15 degrees during a single gear pull.

Wagner Evolution 1
Ambient temp - starting Temp - end of 3rd
70 - 95 - 110 (40 degrees over ambient!)

VRSF Competition:
79F - 92F - 92F (13 degrees over ambient)

Just extrapolate that over 2 gears or even 3, and you'll see that the IC is ill suited for what you're asking it to do.

Quote:
It doesn't heat soak as fast as stock. Not even remotely close and why would it? It's twice as heavy. It also recovers WAY faster than the stocker too.

I don't think ANY amount of data is going to change your opinion about these ICs.
I don't know if I can agree it "recovers better than stock" when the last Evolution 1 data log failed to show this as true, and data logs from the EVO2 show Tube and Fin intercoolers don't recover quicker than Bar and Plate (about even)

This is absolutely an upgrade over stock, but considering that the temperatures go up 15 degrees in one pull, this IC is not suited for Stage 2 cars, or cars that see high ambient temps.