07-11-2018, 01:54 PM   #64
NOT2DAY
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M235i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
The Alutecs aren't extremely close to the fender edge up front. I would think you could get away with a 10mm spacer and have very minimal poke. With a 3mm to 5mm spacer, it would be very close to flush.

I wish my PSS would wear out so I can get a 245 square setup with the PS4s. The front 225s are just too narrow. With the recently added LSD out back, the 245s are doing much better in terms of traction. The PS4s should only be better.

For a street driven 2 series with stock power to mild power mods, the 245 square setup with quality summer tires and an LSD should be pretty ideal for most everyone.
Thanks for the reply! Pretty in line with my thinking as well.

I'm currently on the VMR 810s / Michelin Pilot A/S 3+ the car came with when I bought it from previous owner:
F: 18x8.5 ET35 - 225/40/18
R: 18x9.5 ET35* - 245/35/18
*Unconfirmed since I haven't taken the rim off the car yet

Some might find it pokey, but i think it gives the car an aggressive stance even at stock height since the the rear and front tire / rim line up more with the arches right above the fender rather than the edge of the fender itself (if that makes sense).

And yes, I'm going down that path of OEM+. LSD is definitely next on my list.

Just to confirm, there was no rub when you mounted the 245s up front? Did you do full lock forward and reverse to test?
Appreciate 0