View Single Post
      11-06-2023, 11:55 AM   #62
Musashi
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i XDrive Laguna Seca

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortythirtyfive View Post
The vehicle makes the noise without spacers unfortunately, thanks for the info though! It made me go and check my existing spacers and luckily they all fit perfectly.

In total I have now tried fitting new wheel bolts, new pinch bolt (greased), peeled back the pinch bolt collar, fitted friction plates behind the brake disc (between the hub) and also between the brake disc and wheel and still no avail.

The noise is actually super loud this time and is definitely turning heads on the street lol. No garages seem to be able to put their finger on it and when they feel they've fixed it.. it comes back within a day or two which is most likely due to the wheel being lifted in the air ☹️ so at this point I'm avoiding driving the car as it's kind of embarrassing to hear
Mine started at 155,000 kms, Canadian winters, it commenced August 2023 Tick tick Zing (turning in parking lot the wheel), driving random zannnnngle throught the plate. Taped my iphone, drove 150 m, sure enough it is from the hub. As I had replaced old Adaptive M suspension with B6 + Dinan, we thought it was suspension. Or Sway bar. OR LINKS. Go in for winter tires, they did not bother doing a test drive, WHEEL BEARINGS. Sure enough after adding friction discs, 99% of sound subsided. Next stepp, all around wheel bearing swap. As RL is dragging.
Appreciate 0