View Single Post
      04-02-2017, 09:33 PM   #38
Panzer1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2022 540i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by varkdriver View Post
I brought my new M240i home and installed EBC Red Stuff brake pads. D1609 for the front and D1656 for the rear. Extremely easy to install, took me longer to jack up the car than to install the pads. Doing the "pre-bedding" break in right now. These pads have a bedding compound that you have to wear off with light braking before doing the 10 hard stop full bedding. This takes about 250 miles on new rotors. Will report back after they are fully bedded and I have a chance to evaluate. VERY LOW dust so far!

Update: 03/13/2017 -- Finished the break-in and bedding process by going out and doing 10 HARD stops from 60-10mph in succession. Brakes were definitely hot when I was finished, but never faded during the process. Drove around for about 30 minutes and then parked it with the parking brake off. Went out later for a drive and see what the result was. They have lost that initial "grabbiness" and have transformed into a very solid, progressive brake pedal that is easy to modulate with foot pressure. It's exactly what I look for in good, street pads. Will put out another report in a couple of weeks on final thoughts and brake dust (which is hard to judge at this point considering what I did to them in 10 hard stops).

So far, I am VERY impressed.
Can you tell me where you got these pads? I'm having trouble finding anyone selling the EBC Red Stuff Brake Pads with the part nos. D1609 and D1656? I'm hoping to change out the light grey OEM wheels, but want to minimize brake dust before I do.
Appreciate 0