View Single Post
      06-09-2023, 06:17 AM   #17
boldorider4
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 220i F22

So in the end I decided to leave the navigation farbtabelle of the Kombi alone, but I discovered a problem with ECO pro coasting function not working, which I eventually fixed and is described below.

Here is a quick summary of all changes I've done in this retrofit. Because I also retrofitted new steering wheel with MFL buttons and DCC, here's the complete list of all parameters values affected for the KOMBI, HU_NBT2, ICMQ and FEM_BODY. No I-Step update required so far. Everything is on 03-15, except KOMBI which is on 03-13.
  1. First and foremost, if you're retrofitting a 6WA kombi from a basic kombi (the one with the tiny LCD at the bottom), you need to delete BKOMBI entry in the SVT (after clicking on Read SVT) and write the modified SVT into the car VCM SVT-Target so E-Sys can correctly display the KOMBI in the ECU list.
  2. Code S249A + S544A to have Mulfuktion für Lenkrad + Geschwindigkeitsregelung mit Bremsfunkt. on following ECUs
    • KOMBI
    • HU_NBT2
    • ICMQ
    • FEM_BODY
  3. 6WA Kombi is from 2013-04-09 so I needed to also code the following
    • SPA_IST_GANG_ENABLE --> nicht_aktiv, otherwise gear is not displayed
    • KOMBI_CIC --> kombi_mid
    • KOMBI_RES --> mid
    • NAVICOLOR_TABLE --> farbwelt_id5 (this one will require a fairly recent I-Step of your Kombi, otherwise the value will default to 'neue_farbtabelle' and the navigation inside the cluster will display some arrows in gray as opposed to white...not a big detail but it could be annoying).
  4. NBTevo needs to communicate to Kombi over MOST, so MOST cable needs to be installed between the two.
  5. it is crucial that certain HU_NBT2 CAFD values get set accordingly
    • MFL --> aktiv
    • DCC --> aktiv
    • EXTERNER_MOST --> aktiv
    • EXTERNE_MOST_DIAG --> aktiv (you may not have this one on newer NBTevo I-Step)
    • ECO_CONF_SAILING --> aktiv (this is super important otherwise when you go to ECO pro driving mode, the coasting function will not work)
    • GLOBAL_CONF_SAILING --> nicht_aktiv (this would enable a sailing override check box in the eco pro setting that is uselss)
    • EFF_DYN_SAILING --> aktiv
  6. FEM_BODY CAFD values also needs to be coded for MFL and paddle shifters"
    • MFL_VERBAUT --> aktiv
    • PADDLES_VERBAUT --> aktiv
  7. To have LIM function besides DCC (most people will want it, it's the button in place of the SET button on steering wheel)
    • ICMQ --> C_SLD_Funktion --> aktiv
    • ICMQ --> C_Umschaltung_ACC_DCC --> zugelassen
    • KOMBI --> SLD_ENABLE --> aktiv
    • FEM_BODY --> LIN_VARIANTE_MFL --> DCC_Sport_SLD
    • HU_NBT2 --> SLD --> aktiv
Appreciate 0