View Single Post
      08-30-2019, 01:08 PM   #5841
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
what does your dad do for a living? he must really enjoy his work ... to be planning on working until he is 77 when he has more than a comfortable nest egg put away
^Agreed!

$15M in assets is impressive not matter how you cut it. Even more impressive is that he's apparently done it by having what appears to be a more typical job rather than born into some rich family and having access to money and risk comfort.

What does he do for a living? He must love his job to stick in with it through to 77.

How much of their income was he investing over the past 15 years. It had to be a lot and they must not live on much at all.

I'm no where close to $15M in assets and I'm only 45. I sure as hell am not working until 77. My retirement goal is 55 or younger. My kids will be well into college by then and their college funds are nearly funded now. My wife and I plan to build our own simple "small" home (~1,200 sq. ft.) and downsize a lot (too much shit starts to own you). I'll still have a big garage though with two cars for me and a lift The home and land should be an even swap for our currently paid off home. Once I hit $2.5-3M, I'm done with work and will be playing and traveling.