View Single Post
      08-23-2019, 02:12 PM   #5834
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiFFv1 View Post
" I guess my novice advise is that you are probably not smarter than everyone else and you should just stay calm."

Lol you guys get so triggered when someone says anything different than your personal opinion. Which is okay, Its humorous.

So let me further explain, I "Day Trade" Options Maybe that shouldn't have been left out perhaps... So that example wouldn't make much sense to me being that all my Calls/Puts are deadline based contracts. I make more money ( With Less Invested) with more of a risk, Yes. But also you cant tell me that i can make 10,000 on an option call in one-two weeks where you can make the same in Four months holding.

I understand holding and letting it take its course, I respect it. But that's not the path that i choose. Respect to both parties, Also i came asking if anyone day traded not " Who am i smarter than" C'mon girls that no way to punch those keys, Spread that love
Four months holding for my investments is a blip on the radar. I tend to hold for years/decades.

I'm 45, married, and two kids. I've been investing since the mid-1990s and started with around $20K my grandfather gave me in stocks. I make a decent salary, but really only started making larger sums of money until ~2012. My wife has her own business but it only brings in maybe $1,000/mo. Our very standard suburban Kansas City house has been paid off since 2014. My wife and I have Roths, a traditional IRA, a brokerage account, and I have a 401K and money plan at my work (kind of like a pension). My kids college funds a nearly fully funded. Our portfolio grew well over $350K over the past 4 years, largely because I wised up and began managing our money rather than my broker at Morgan Stanley and my wife and I haven't tapped much into my increased salary which started ~2012. I plan on retiring 5 to 7 years.

I'm a Warren Buffet and John Bogle believer. I stick to the odds of staying the market and investing largely in S&P 500 index funds and solid stocks. I've weathered all the major financial storms between 1995 and 2012. At one point in 2009, my portfolio was down nearly 40%. I was upset but stayed the course. I've made a killing in the 6 years and it's been a massive snowball effect. My wife and I are diligent about investing and saving, but still have fun traveling and splurging on things like my M235.

You can make money doing what you're doing, but the odds are an investor like myself will be way ahead of you over the span of 20+ years. Get rich quick rarely works out for the huge majority of investors.
BS_CS319.00
Ngilbe361618.50