View Single Post
      01-31-2023, 07:54 PM   #78
BERT_M240i
Registered
Rep
Drives: f22 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadmcmichael View Post
I put the springs on and very happy with the increased rear spring rate. I found a way to do the front that makes it MUCH easier than the rear. No need for spring compressors or spreader tools either.

1. Take off the wheel and jack up the steering knuckle to take off the end links and the leveling arm.
2. Remove the strut bolt and slowly lower the strut with the jack to decompress the spring. Make a bit of room and push the strut to the side in the wheel well.
3. Remove the top hat and pull it out of the wheel well.
4. Now reach in through hole in the engine bay and remove the bump stop, shock boot and the spring. The spring is larger diameter than the top hat hole, but you can unscrew it easily one you get it started.
5. Screw the new DINAN spring from the engine bay and reverse the disassembly steps.

OMG!!! Thanks tadmcmichael for this. I was skeptical at first of it being this easy. I was completely wrong. Took me just over an hour start to finish to put new front springs in. Best hack ever and recommend to anyone who is just swapping springs out. So quick, safe and easy!
Appreciate 0