04-03-2017, 04:01 PM   #5
redpriest
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3/Porsche 992 GT3RS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony235 View Post
So went back to Big Willow for a Bimmer Challenge Time Attack for the cars 2nd track outing.

Car did well and I beat my old time with a 1:33.9. This was good enough for 1st place in B3 class

Compared to last time there was very little wind, but track temps were ~15* higher. I was able to run my tune and JB4 this time without issue. I really should have put together a new custom map 6 tune for the track. My street tune for map 6 has too much low end TQ for me to drive it smoothly with the on/off throttle and the gears I use for this track. Being in a lower gear on corner exit probably would have helped as it would have taken me out of the huge TQ spike at mid-RPM. Because of this the car felt very loose compared to last time. Felt like I was learning the car again to a certain extent.

Spun the car which I haven't done in like 10 years. Roasted the tires coming out of a corner and just couldn't catch it in time. Always learning

Here is some vid from the practice session that I spliced together. Totally forgot to film my session with my hotlap

1:33.9 is fast!! I did 1:33.2 in my stripped out E92 M3 with BFG R1S. It was super greasy and I almost spun at Turn 2 so I know the feeling.

I think I have your spin here - I remember thinking I was hoping your car was all right given the huge clouds of dirt that came up!

instagram.com/titomanlio
Appreciate 1