View Single Post
      05-06-2021, 09:47 PM   #86
Gepeto
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: M235i

dradernh You’re so right!

I’m in Montreal. I daily my M235i all year. It’s RWD of course, because I wanted it manual but also because I don’t enjoy AWD as much on most cars. It’s fine. I don’t have a good diff on the car (when I ordered it in 2014 the M Performance Diff wasn’t an option yet - definitely upgrading that next year), so getting started from a stop on ice is often a little slow and annoying.

I have access to my wife’s SUV in the winter but almost always elect to use the M235i. I really don’t find it harder to drive than anything else if you leave the assists on, I guess you just need to be patient when taking off from a stop, and not park it in a huge snowbank or you might get stuck.

Would I own just the M235i if I lived on the top of a steep hill where it snows? Probably not.
Is RWD for a daily completely fine and not more dangerous almost every single day of the year? Absolutely.

I also had a 240sx, and a Volvo 760GLE that I dailied. Granted, the heavy 760GLE with studded tires was a beast on ice, and the 240sx without traction control could get a bit out of shape easily, but I preferred the overall experience to that of owning a 2011 WRX which was fun in mega snowstorms but always felt more like a FWD to me.
Appreciate 2
amutti97.00
dradernh4397.00