soheil
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 i3 REX

Quote:
Originally Posted by shameson View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWCCA1 View Post
BMW NA issued a bulletin a couple of days ago outlining what is no longer available on each model, and what options are restricted. It included H/K sound on some cars, Active Cruise on a bunch, and plenty of seat options either removed or restricted like ventilation, lumbar, side-bolster adjustments. I'll bring the list home and give a synopsis unless someone else has access before that. Pissing off several customers with orders as BMW restricts even exterior colors with M-sport options that used to be normal, and rushing orders from 111 to 150 while deleting H/K option, and others. I've had orders for June production now scheduled to complete the second week of May.

Oddly enough, though much of these deleted options have been removed from the NA Build-it site, they have not been removed for the same models on the BMW.com international site. Customers using that configurator are simply calling us liars and ignorant because what we know we can't get them is still showing as available for Europe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Blue View Post
Yes, I'd VERY much like to see that bulletin. I'm rather surprised that BMW hasn't put out an official news statement. One came out about the shutdown of Mini production. This is big stuff.

In the absence of official news, we're having to go off of anecdotal reports from dealers, and customers who are having issues with their factory orders. One anecdotal report in the X7 forum here says they're shutting down the entire 40i production line for the remainder of MY2021.

It is pretty extensive unfortunately. Some these are being removed entirely, and some are just possibly restricted for future orders, so I assume it may be first come, first serve going forward. These changes started with March production vehicles. To give a few changes:
  • H/K is being limited (or removed fully) as an option on any vehicles where it is not standard.
  • Ventilated seats, multi contour seats and possibly even M Sport package are being restricted on X5/6/7 6-cyl models
  • Laser lights possibly restricted for 4 series models (M4 included).
  • Lumbar is being added to the drivers seat only on 3/4 series.
  • No ventilated seats on X3/X4 (still available on M models).
They already had removed ZDY package on 3/4/X3/X4 30i/30e models, so no active cruise for those. All these are already being reflected on the BYO on BMWUSA site.
Any restrictions on i3/i3s?
Appreciate 0