View Single Post
      05-04-2021, 04:22 PM   #72
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

We've had a 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R in our stable since new. It's now my 16 y/o son's. Shortly before we gave it to him, we put an awesome of set of wheels and off-road tires on it. I also did OEM black wheel arch moldings, an OEM Legacy blacked out grill, and did the foglights in yellow vinyl.

The car has been quite reliable and the H6 motor is a must because the base 4 bangers are serious weak sauce. As for the CVT (which is an upgraded HD unit for the H6 and turbo motors), it's smooth, but DEAR GOD it makes me want to punch babies. Every time I drive it I can't help but think how much better it would be with a proper 6 to 8 speed planetary automatic. It would be faster, quicker, and likely get better MPGs. Subaru made a grave mistake by putting all their hope in the CVT. It wasn't the answer, the multi gear planetary automatics were the answer and now they are way behind the competition.