View Single Post
      05-04-2021, 02:14 PM   #3
sillieidiot
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330ci

Updates are few on this car.

3/15/21

Bought a keyhole delete. I don't remember the occasion it was for though

Original plan was to make SamBam install it. But I couldn't wait so I did it Similarly to how I installed it on the E46. I just took apart the cover and made it so that it would fit over the existing keyhole. In case I ever need to break this off so I can open the door with the key. This car not having a keyhole in the trunk, it's especially important.

All I did was take off the metal piece with the spring door.

Then test to see if the key is still working.

Put the delete cover on. Fits perfect.

Before/After pictures

Fast forward to 3 days ago…

Bought the BMW M performance diffuser. I went back and forth forever on how I would paint it Then I decided to just leave the whole thing unpainted lol I even asked SamBam for input, but you know it came back with…whatever you think looks better. Damn you

Got it in and opened it right away. Looks good

Then a couple days later I decided that I'm going to seal it with Carpro Dlux.

Prep:

Sealed/curing:

Then yesterday, SamBam dropped the car off. God dammit it was filthy. So I washed it just so it would look good when I installed the diffuser lol

The install wasn't too bad. Didn't have to take the bumper off. Really, taking off the diffuser was the easy part. Putting the diffuser back on and snapping in all the clips was the hard part

The whole process took like 30 mins. Didn't even have to lift the car off the ground.

Before/After

Way better. The tips are a little more hidden, but I'll deal with that later. Haven't decided if we want new exhaust, or just replace the tips.

While I was at it. I took the time to install the NOCO eyelet for her. Just makes it easier for her to jump the car as well as trickle charge it.

All finished up and ready to go back to SamBam. I took one more picture because it looked good just sitting there.

I have a couple more minor mods in the works as well.

And we're caught up. See there was nothing lol
Appreciate 1
harry.h65.50