View Single Post
      12-30-2020, 09:02 AM   #32
ngl
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 228i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSmith View Post
Demon Tweeks has the Accusump for 370 euro including VAT. Buy it before UK leaves the EU ;-)
I found the best pricing in Germany, shipping is cheaper also since it's closer to me, so no need rushing to buy it before Brexit. Still have more to learn about it. Also, when referring to the price for the Accusump, I'm including the electric shutoff valve, mounting clamp, check valve and the N55 thermostat housing to delete the heat exchanger and convert to oil cooler ( not including oil cooler in that price ). I don't think it can be plumbed in otherwise on the N20, but I could be wrong.

I'm also considering getting the LED kit and wire it to an analog input on the data logger to log accusump interventions.

I am not yet sure how to power it on. Starting it before the engine stars ( ex. on Ignition ON ) is reported to cause a CEL and possibly limp mode because the system will read to high oil pressure.

There is always the option of turning it ON manually when racing, because there is no oil pressure loss on street driving ( legally speaking ), but I fear I will forget about turning it off. Could probably use a latching relay that turns the accusump off when ignition is off.

And my third option is to control it from the data logger and turn it on when it detects a race track is entered, turn it off when exiting to pit.

If you have suggestions here, please share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSmith View Post
You could try unplugging the MAP control for the oil pump and drive around (#4 on https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=11_4760 ). If the ECU goes into limp mode, then the ECU won't like the dry sump either (since either way it won't have control over oil pressure).
Thx for the suggestion, I will try it. I am thinking such a conversion should probably need a special flash tune that accounts for these massive changes.
Quaife LSD | BC Racing Coilovers | H&R ARB | F8x LCA+TS | Wiechers Strutbar | Mishimoto CAI | Mishimoto Oil Cooler | Mishimoto Oil Catch Can | Mishimoto FMIC | VRSF DP | Masata TIC | Masata CP | DV+ | Custom Kline Exhaust | GTS Style Roll Cage | Sparco Evo QRT | Brey-Krause seat mounts | Schroth Profi 2 ASM 6p | 10" Android HU| xHP Stage3 | BM3 | RaceCapture Data Logger
Appreciate 0