View Single Post
      12-17-2020, 08:20 PM   #1
pmcmtnbkr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M235I

bimmerlink and battery %

Okay so long story short I have been using Bimmerlink to monitor oil temp boost pressure battery voltage ect. I noticed a few months ago that it also had a battery charge % under the battery icon along with being able to register the battery. Has anyone else regularly checked charge%. I havent had any battery problems and it regularly shows anywhere from 90% to low 60% charge. I can start the car check the voltage have a reading of 65% do nothing to the car get in it a few hours after parking it and have a reading of 85%. There seems to be no rime or reason to the odd charge % reading I can go from a temp controlled building 50 deg showing 60% charge drive the car to work about 8 miles check the charge and it might show 65% park the car in 25 deg temp all day get in it and have a charge% in the high 80s. I thought this could be a neat tool to get an Idea of when to replace the battery, but appears to be no better than licking a 9 volt battery to see if it has a charge. Has anyone played with this I sent an email to Bimmerlink and never got a response. As near as I can tell this is the original battery to the car and is going on 6 years old.
Appreciate 0