Thread: Video: Mid-Ohio
View Single Post
      07-24-2022, 09:34 PM   #1
ggggbmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 Manual

Video: Mid-Ohio

This video is from the 2022 AudiFest at Mid-Ohio. This was my first time at this track. Watching videos really doesn't prepare you for just how much elevation change there is at this track. The back section (aka 'Madness') goes up and down like a roller coaster. And I don't think there is anywhere on the track where you aren't going uphill or downhill.

This was also my first time running in the Advanced group. I wanted 3 days on track since it was such a long trip out there, and had to register Advanced to do that. I was a bit nervous, especially once I saw the cars in the group. My M235 was one of the slowest cars in the group. There were a pair of Radicals (they pass me in the this video) and a pair of Revolutions out there. The GT3's and a ZL1 were also blazingly fast. But everyone played nice, and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

I'm following a TTS in this video. He was one of the few cars in my speed bracket, and a perfect rabbit for me to keep in sight. I had an instructor with me on the session before (thanks Ryan), and he was great at pointing out where I was over-slowing for some corners. That also helped me to get about 2 seconds faster through these laps than my previous best times. The 4th lap is the fastest of the weekend, at 1:53.7. For my first time at Mid-Ohio, I'm fairly proud of that time. Especially since my car has no mods. But I still have a way to go to match the 1:47 times dradernh is doing here.

I will definitely be back. This was the most challenging track I've driven so far. And the big contingent of Minnesota people on this trip made the whole time here a blast.
Appreciate 0