10-09-2018, 08:30 AM   #37
mblaucoupe135
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP911 View Post
Here is another thread I made on this topic - https://www.2addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1528224

It was recommended to put the car in neutral, rev it to ~2k rpm, then switch from Comfort to Sport/Sport+ and back to hear the difference. I did just that, and I'm telling you guys it's not there. I have coded it on and off with Bimmercode as well and there is no perceptible difference in sound.

Based on what I've been reading, I think it was the post-recall update that actually changed the default ASD values to basically non-existent. Mine was stuck at the port while the recall situation was happening, so it was updated before I took delivery.

I'm okay with whatever my car is doing because it sounds just fine inside and outside... just thinking about doing a res-delete to increase the natural volume a bit without any artificial noises added in.
I agree with you that I don't think it exists on the m240i, definitely not on the 2019 model year. I wonder if a bmw genius would know this. I too want it louder especially inside the car so I'm thinking of doing the dinan straight pipe. hoping that will do the trick. I am curious though if active sound can be turned on in our cars.
Appreciate 0