View Single Post
      03-09-2016, 01:56 PM   #30
semclane
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i - Dinan Suspension

gp_solo2:

Your post brings up a question for you or anyone else wanting to chip in. What SCCA class do you run in with your square set up?

When I started autocrossing my M235i I was concerned that my PIO M-Performance LSD would toss me out of F-Street and queried the classification committee about running in Street Touring Ultimate (STU). The initial feedback was that contrary to the position in the past that options that did not actually come installed from the factory were not allowed in the (Stock)Street category, the LSD would be OK in F-Street. In the meantime I had gone to running a square 17-inch setup with 245/40 Dunlop DZ11 Star Specs and declaring my car in STU. Over the winter I got an email stating that the classification committee did not feel that the M235 should go into STU at this time, and subsequently the 2016 rule book lists the M235i in only F-Street and A Street Prepared.

I suspect that other are in somewhat the same situation. At my age, I'm not inclined to go far enough to make the car anything but grid filler in ASP. On the other hand, nowadays I autocross for my own enjoyment so it doesn't really matter if I would always be DFL locally in ASP.
Appreciate 0