View Single Post
      05-21-2019, 09:41 AM   #67
drives like jehu
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Installed K-MAC front camber bushings in M235i

Installed the K-Mac bushings this weekend. I'd give the whole thing a B. The website is kind of awkward, I had to follow the discussion here to get the right part number. They were easy to deal with though, shipped fast; from Australia.
As to the install.
They left out the pusher part of the stock bushing removal tool. So the drive nut bore only on the inner metal part of the bushing. It drove out the bushing as advertised though. If I return to stock, I'll plan on new bushings.
The system uses serrated washers and tooth features to prevent the bushing rotating away from the desired eccentricity. It was a pain to keep these aligned and concentric until all tightened down. Lastly, the larger washers contacted the lower area inside the bushing mounting flanges/ears? I had to clearance these with a Dremel tool. Not a big deal, just not expected.

The pic shows the driver side from the rear. The washer and hub extending past the flange was a little disconcerting, but I got over it.

I ended up with -1.6 and -1.7, which is the range I was after. I didn't want to go to -2.0 or more for concern about related components, other geometry changes.
No miles on it yet, but it seems solid. Met my expectations after a little tweaking. Maybe too much detail, but I like this kind of info when I'm looking at a modification.
DLJ
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
Maynard3855.50
TajoMan174.00