View Single Post
      12-14-2021, 11:20 AM   #4
ngl
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 228i

I think you can't get get rid of that code. It is triggered because the air is not as clean as what the 1000 cel factory cat would produce and it compares the value it reads to a value that means "good working factory cat". Seeing as the air is dirtier, it triggers a a CEL because it thinks the cat is broken.

I think the only way to do it is either find a way to edit that threshold value or just disable the monitor as everyone does on catless. You could also try a O2 spacer, there are some that even have a small cat in them, it might help, it might not.

After clearing the code, it will be triggered again after running for a preset number of km at a high speed, I don't remember exactly the numbers, but it was something like 30 minutes at 100+ km/h. I is rarely triggered in city driving because the car usually never gets to optimal temps, due to short drives / low engine load.
Quaife LSD | BC Racing Coilovers | H&R ARB | F8x LCA+TS | Wiechers Strutbar | Mishimoto CAI | Mishimoto Oil Cooler | Mishimoto Oil Catch Can | Mishimoto FMIC | VRSF DP | Masata TIC | Masata CP | DV+ | Custom Kline Exhaust | GTS Style Roll Cage | Sparco Evo QRT | Brey-Krause seat mounts | Schroth Profi 2 ASM 6p | 10" Android HU| xHP Stage3 | BM3 | RaceCapture Data Logger
Appreciate 0