05-20-2022, 11:45 AM   #264
billnchristy
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M440xi GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Granted it does have a janky ass interior, but its not terrible, and its way better than the effing Prius. The Gen 1 exterior was attractive to my eye, it provided the EV-difference theme while staying normal car looking.

I wanted very much to get one in 2013, but it didn't best fit my commute at that time. I now have a commute perfect for a Volt, but the Gen 2 I didn't like the styling. I thought the Gen 1 Voltech drivetrain as ideal, the slight changes to the Gen 2 drivetrain were unnecessary IMO.

I looked this morning at low mileage Gen 1, man are they fetching some good money!
We were in the opposite camp, had no desire for a gen 1 but the gen 2 appealed to us. We came out of a 2010 Prius and really loved it but the current gen is even more hideous and we just couldn't do it. We like the additional range of the gen 2 and the fact you don't have to use premium is nice. Wife has gotten 74mi on a 53mi stated charge but during the last recall Chevy took some battery away and put it back in reserve so 53 is about the best you can get. I don't think the 35 of gen 1 would do it for me.

And yeah, prices are silly, we could sell ours for 24k which was only 5 more than the price we paid in 2016.
Appreciate 0