View Single Post
      08-26-2014, 12:10 PM   #3
Hnbl Lctr
Rep
Drives: M235i

Steering noise

Hi there.I am also new here and specially joined from Cape Town South Africa to get a few answers that BMW SA could not give me.
Yes,we do have m235's here although very rare.Ordered mine about a year in advance!!
Righthand drive though but got the adaptive M suspension and Variable Sport Steering and auto box.
My car also has a ticking/rusty spring kind of noise when turning the steeringwheel at standstill or when turning at parking speeds!
BMW SA had a look and could not identify the problem.Told me it was a "common noise" due to the combination of the suspension,VSS and sticky tires!!!
Contacted a friend of mine who is an engineer at BMW Germany who told me it is BS and BM's are not suppose to have a common noise.He then contacted BMW SA to reinvestigate.
The have contacted me and said that the are waiting to test a car with the same specs as mine to see if it is a common noise.
I would like to know if anyone else maybe has a car with Adaptive Susp and VSS and noise when turning at standstiil/slow speeds.
Otherwise the m235 is a cracker!!
Appreciate 0