View Single Post
      10-04-2018, 05:02 PM   #3
IanMan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Alpine White M3 Sedan

I was aware of this a few years ago and our government has been for quite a while too. Why it is just now being made public is beyond me. No, I'm not a conspiracy theorist.
Yes, I know what I am talking about and have seen actual proof of this. Also, it isn't just the US to be spied on.

Here is what I know because of my line of work. Apple and Amazon have probably been aware of this for quite some time. Our government has known this for quite a while too. This has been going on for years. I'm going to leave a lot of details out of this explanation for certain reasons. We have all sorts of groups of people in the military, that do certain things, which require certain briefings. Before certain briefings or missions take place, all equipment that is used for said briefings gets analyzed, taken apart, put back together, and then used for the mission, (i.e. TV's, laptops, phones, etc.). A brand new Samsung TV, straight out of the box was purchased for a certain task to show images on. Said TV was taken apart and screened only to find that once it was going to be used, the TV would discreetly connect to the first open unsecured wifi connection and transmit all images that were displayed to an undisclosed location. This is a civilian, out of the box TV, not something that was hacked at the last moment. Imagine if our information for a serious situation was just carelessly transmitted for another government to see. Scary stuff.

Last edited by IanMan; 10-04-2018 at 05:11 PM..
Appreciate 1