View Single Post
      02-04-2014, 06:29 AM   #242
GoingTooFast
Banned
Rep
Drives: fat cars are still boats
Location: compensating a fat car with horsepower is like giving an alcoholic cocaine to sober him up.

Here's one of the explanations to why I've been favoring the diesel solution in the future M2 - its BIGGER low end torque:

Quote:
Adjusting to the new cars

Whilst fans in Jerez were adapting to the different look and sound of the 2014 cars, the drivers were adapting to how different they are to drive compared to their 2013 cousins. Don’t forget, as well as the new power units - producing different amounts of power and delivering different levels of torque - the new cars also feature eight-speed gearboxes, revised aerodynamics and a new braking system.

“The car matched my expectations on track with more torque,” said Williams’ Valtteri Bottas. “It feels like a very different car compared to last year in the way it handles as well as the power.”

McLaren’s Jenson Button agreed with the Finn’s assessment:

"It feels the most powerful engine I've driven,” said the Briton. “It obviously isn't in terms of outright power, but as a racing driver you feel the torque and power at slow speed. It's coming out of the corners when you have so much torque that's exciting."
Appreciate 0