View Single Post
      01-21-2014, 10:43 AM   #232
GoingTooFast
Banned
Rep
Drives: fat cars are still boats
Location: compensating a fat car with horsepower is like giving an alcoholic cocaine to sober him up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterX5 View Post
I can see you're routing for it and I love the oil burning BMWs but no change the M2 will be diesel. 4 cyl petrol all the way.
Only the ones who don't know the late BMW's oil burning engines can't love them - they've just finished on the first three positions of this year's DAKAR rally edition - let alone the triple-turbocharged ones.

And, that's precisely what I'm talking about here, a triple-turbocharged engine for the M2. Why?!

Because the technology already exists in BMW's cars, you can drop two cylinders and adapt it to a 4-pot engine, its throttle's response quality is on pair with the best turbocharged petrol engines and, last but not least, if BMW really is serious about EFFICIENT DYNAMICS today, if there's no hypocrisy about it, everybody knows that on a performance/fuel consumption ratio level nothing, I mean NOTHING, can beat late diesel engines. Add to that the huge torque reserves of a turbocharged diesel engine and the car low weight (always the most difficult and expensive part of the formula to achieve) is not of such critical concern as it is with its petrol counterpart.

That would definitely be something special, something that every other car brand has yet to offer!

Like with Kobayashi's case, we fans can still make some difference pointing towards the right solution...

Quote:
"I want to give special thanks to all the fans who have made donations to KAMUI SUPPORT"

“Their donations and gestures gave me extra strength to come back fighting and I am very pleased that the money they raised not only helped me but will now go to helping Caterham progress this year. Every single one of you who helped with KAMUI SUPPORT will race with me in 2014 and that makes me very proud.”
Appreciate 0