09-22-2015, 09:33 AM   #19
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson@BimmerTech View Post
I'm sorry but when did i say everything else suck?

As far as i know we are having a healthy discussion and i'm just pointing out the differences. To be honest i'm not really a good salesman, thats why i let the reviews do the talking. I'm a hardcore car audio enthusiast first so my passion for it my rub you off incorrectly.
I totally understand, Nelson. We're all passionate about something. In business and marketing, though, one must mitigate passion with practicality and truthfulness. That's why there are laws against false advertising, for starters -- and while calling this product PnP when, in fact, it is not (in this case) isn't false advertising on its legal face, it is borderline. (From another angle: There's a reason why Crutchfield doesn't itemize individual make/model compatibility with the stock version of this amp. That reason is the very same as the one I'm discussing here.)

Also: You can 'let the reviews do the talking' only to a point. It's not wise to let consumer feedback establish a product so strongly for a number of reasons, the least of which is acknowledgment of a product's intended capabilities and applications. The ASD issue is something that affects the vast majority of BMW models your product is intended for; to not acknowledge it in an official capacity amounts to shady marketing and product positioning at a minimum, as explained above. Because coding is frowned upon (and recently made harder to do) by the maker of the vehicle this product is intended for -- no matter how easy it may be -- I'm afraid I feel it's your company's responsibility to acknowledge the issue by repositioning the PnP claim and disclaiming both the ASD/coding issue and the responsibility for issues that may arise from coding the car.

Finally: nearly any aftermarket amp, including the JL Audio 600/6, will make ASD louder at stock settings; this has been established as well. Turning gain down on the rear speaker channels to its minimum mostly alleviates the issue, so there is a workaround. No, it's not perfect -- but few aftermarket car stereo applications in this day and age are.
Appreciate 1