09-21-2015, 03:54 PM   #11
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson@BimmerTech View Post
I'm also an Apple user, more like a fanboy but i do realize that we live in a Windows world. I bought an used $75 laptop just to create tuning files at the shop and a have Parallels installed on my Imac and Macbook...I guess you really have an issue with Windows. I'm a professional car audio competitor, It doesn't get any easier than this when it to installing an amp in a car...This is how PNP as it will ever get in installing an aftermarket system...
Well, it's only partially about the Windows thing -- and, as an Apple fanboy, I'm sure you realize that we live in a far less 'Windows' world than we did, say, five years ago. And that's part of the rub: the software required (both E-Sys for coding and the Fischer DSP for the amp) is likely based on an older language that simply can't be run on OS X. Sure I can go buy a $100 laptop with Windows XP and rock this, or use Boot Camp or a Windows partition on one of my Macs ...

... But that brings me to what is really my main beef. I work in marketing, and I have an issue with something being marketed as PnP when to operate it requires a quasi-legal modification to a vehicle that only knowledgable enthusiasts will know about, much less attempt.

Let's just say that this isn't gonna be something Crutchfield ever puts in its catalog. Just sayin'.
Appreciate 0