View Single Post
      09-21-2015, 03:30 PM   #10
Nelson@BimmerTech
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viffermike View Post
No argument with you there. Heck; it's the worst OEM system I've ever had in a new car, period -- and the ASD implementation is just one aspect of that.

However, for those of us who have not coded our cars and/or who do not have ready access to a PC or Windows (I use Apple exclusively; many reasons for that), this system is not PnP.

For reference: I ran into the same issue when shopping for a good mid-fi A/V receiver for home use. Generally, the best room-correction software is made by Anthem, a Canadian company that builds KILLER high-end amplifiers. One of its A/V receivers was No. 1 on my shopping list until I learned that the software was only for Windows. Sure, the receiver would've worked fine without running the software. But it matters in A/V applications -- and I don't have an ASD drone to deal with there as well.
I'm also an Apple user, more like a fanboy but i do realize that we live in a Windows world. I bought an used $75 laptop just to create tuning files at the shop and a have Parallels installed on my Imac and Macbook...I guess you really have an issue with Windows. I'm a professional car audio competitor, It doesn't get any easier than this when it to installing an amp in a car...This is how PNP as it will ever get in installing an aftermarket system...
Appreciate 0