tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by br438 View Post
I did the obligatory forum search and turned up diddly, so if we've talked about it, maybe it's time again - though some would say it is never time.

I don't know if I'll ever need them, but I wanted some "driving shoes", so I was gifted a pair of Piloti "Shift" shoes for Christmas, and I bought a pair of Puma Neo Cat shoes just for kicks.

The Pilotis are suede (alcantara), and yes, they have a lip at the sole. They would not be the choice for serious 3 pedal driving. but... as a dad, I could wear them about and be no more awkward than I normally am. Pedal-feel is frankly amazing... not that I need that in an X3 m40i. I usually drive in Sandrock "sandals" which have a thin hard, flat sole. In the Pilotis, it is immediately evident if I am on the corner of the brake pedal.... there is just a lot more communicated than in the sandrocks.

The Neo Cats... I'm guessing is essentially a drift or speed cat. They are perfect, have no lip, and have an amazing heal-rocker. All I can say about pedal feel is that you feel the slightest touch under your foot. It's pretty cool. Too bad you can't just wear these around every day.

What are you gals/guys wearing for your weekend drives? What about track days?
It’s the internet. Pics or it didn’t happen.
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!