View Single Post
      05-01-2021, 10:10 AM   #1
3.0L
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M235i, 20k miles

Recommened PSI or?

I just replaced my OEM Michelin Super Sport tires on my 2014 M235i after 16,000 miles since new and 7 years of age. The OEM tires were not worn out, but were cracking on the sidewalls. The rear tires wore evenly and had quite a bit of tread remaining. The front tires were worn almost to the wear bar indicators, but only on the inside and outside edges. The center tread was still pretty good.

I've always run my tires at the factory recommended PSI of 32 front and 38 rear. After seeing how the front tire wore on the edges, I'm considering running them at maybe 34 or 35 PSI. Reason: I've long believed that excessive wear on both the inside and outside edge means the tire is under inflated.

Alignment history on the car has always been good, plus I also had the lower front control arms replaced during the tire change, plus an alignment.

When writing your life's plan, use a pencil with an eraser
Appreciate 0