View Single Post
      10-13-2020, 12:00 PM   #33
PeanuKeeyes
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E34 | MX5

Update:

This car with 245/40 square setup on RS4’s and Shockware was so poised at NYST this past weekend. By the end of the day I got going pretty quick, taking a solid line at wheelie hill which ended with a little air and controlled landing. Feeling that lack of LSD a bit, but there’s more to pull out of this thing as is for at least another season.

My instructor drove it at the end of the day and was really blown away by it. He said it felt almost exactly like his E36 M3 with a better interior to which I replied, “you have no idea how much money you just saved me”

I weighed the car before the event and it came in at 3,260lbs. Removed a few interior bits and got it down to 3200. Combine that with 240hp and it really does get this thing close to what I’m looking for in a dedicated track car. Awesome balance, fast enough to do modest passing in the straights.

Suspension stuff:

From what I’ve been reading about the McStrut, it does appear that simply lowering the car, while adding static negative camber, actually brings it to the positive camber side while under load in the corners quicker due to the shortened strut travel. I don’t like mismatched springs/struts but I’m curious about stiffer spring options that ride at stock height. Anybody?

The car didn’t seem to push much at all at NYST at stock height and had really solid turn-in. The tire wear is definitely noticeable on the edges but it doesn’t seem unreasonable. (Pretty durable rubber also though)

Safety stuff:

The Schroth quick fit pro harness is great, for sure. BUT, I’m 6’ 3” and my shoulders come way up over the seat-back. If I get in a collision, spinal compressions are in my future with this thing. I ordered the anti-sub add on but I think the next modification for next year is going to be a bucket seat.

Anyway, the ball is rolling and I’m having a great time with minimal mechanical upgrades.

Next up, Club Motorsports this weekend.
Attached Images

Last edited by PeanuKeeyes; 10-13-2020 at 12:34 PM..
Appreciate 1
dradernh4347.50