bongko
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i F23

Garage List
2016 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nazali View Post
NO, I don't think that is it, it uses RFID to lock and unlock, it's a one way thing, the car doesnt check to see if the key is in range, only when you press the button does the key do it's thing, I don't exactly understand how the RFID works per se, but that should not run your battery down.

What I know will fail it, if your key is in your pocket and your cellphone is in the near vicinity, like in the same pocket, you will often get a "can't find remote" error or the comfort start wont work.

When I stopped putting the keys in the same pocket, never happened again

(again 1'er CA)

Also when your in the car one of 3 aerials need to detect the key for example if the key is OUTSIDE the cabin, wont start.

That could be a problem, but try the key without phone sceranrio

just a thought, the "KEY" could be faulty, perhaps the membrane in the key is making a circuit too easily, so when you key is upside down, in your pocket etc it's making contact, if your brave, take it apart and clean the membrane and check all the contacts, also try a new key
I usually don't put my keys in the same pocket as my phone as I have the samsung note but I can't say I've never done it. I will definitely be more mindful to see if it makes a difference.
On the other hand I bought Loopcell batteries from Amazon (10 pack for ~$7) so maybe it could be the battery not lasting as long. I'm about 3 weeks in from the last change using the same pack of batteries and haven't had any issues yet. Since I'm out of warranty it doesn't bother me too much to just change the battery out as long as the problem doesn't get worse.
The wife has the second set of keys which is always in her purse upstairs in the bedroom and I haven't had to replace her FOB battery yet. Then again I never really let her drive the car. HAHAHA
Appreciate 1
nazali1311.50