View Single Post
      11-24-2020, 07:02 PM   #1
randmness
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2021 M240i xDrive

SCCA Autocross - F Street Setup

Hey all,
Recently, I picked up a M240 and was looking to get back into autocross; I used to autocross a ND Miata (C Street) here in the DC region. I wasn't particularly competitive in CS , but did find it pretty fun, and was curious about how other people were setup for F Street.

I found a couple threads kinda scattered about but had a few quick questions.

Shock/Strut Replacement & Single Sway Bar Replacement
With EDC, to remain Street class legal, it seems like the only possibilities are either the Bilstein B4 or B6s. I've kinda searched around and there doesn't seem to be many reviews on these within this forum, let alone for use with autocross. Just kinda searching around the web, on other BMW cars, it seems like the extra firmness of the B6, can help induce oversteer a bit more. I've read a few threads that mentions the M240 being kinda understeer-y/pushy for auto-x. I'm curious if the B6 could kinda help that (and maybe potentially a rear sway)?

Has anyone tried these for autox?

Exhaust
No real questions here. Was planning on the MPE.

Wheels
My car came with a staggered setup (225/40-18 on 18x7.5 45 & 245/35-18 on 18x8 52.) Still on the fence about using my stock wheels (or picking up an aftermarket set of similar specs), but the idea would be to use go with RE-71s (or maybe the Direzzas) with a close to similar fit (225-235/40-18 fronts, and 245/40-18s rear.) Would be curious to know what others are running.

Thanks!

Last edited by randmness; 11-25-2020 at 10:09 AM..
Appreciate 0