View Single Post
      10-18-2019, 01:03 PM   #6
bensanford
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Grey '18 230i & Grey '21 330ix

Try looking for winter wheels & tires on Craigslist, and you might get lucky. I'm near a large city, and there are almost always wheels & tires listed for sale. Likely from people who leased a car, bought winter wheels & tires, and now no longer need them. I was able to pick up a set of 4 rims with tires for less than $500 (US). The TPMS sensors aren't compatible with my model, but I don't drive than many miles in the winter, and didn't bother having them replaced.

On my '18, with the M-sport brakes I was able to fit (barely) a set of 17" BMW OEM wheels that were originally on a Z4. With the M-sport brakes with the larger rotors, you need to check the clearance. Blizzak snow tires are 225/45 R17. The winter tires are not as low-profile as the 18" performance summer tires. I have the same 225/40ZR18 front, and 245/35ZR18 rears that you have, but in the winter I have the same size front and rear. The overall tire diameter is about the same, and I haven't had any issues with tire rubbing.
Appreciate 0